The Plastic Free Gardening 5 pack of 5cm square coir pots are made from natural, certified organic coconut fibre and combined with a Fair Rubber Association Fairly Trade natural rubber to keep their shape. Coir pots are the ideal container to keep your plants happy and healthy. Coir fibre allows roots to penetrate through the pot to continue to develop, reducing the risk of transplanting shock.
After starting from seed, the roots of the seedlings easily penetrate the walls of the growing pot. The young plants can then be planted directly into the soil or a bigger container (with the growing pot!), thus avoiding any root disturbance and giving the young plants an ideal start. The growing pot will degenerate into its natural components over time while the plants get fully established in their new environment.
Our coconut propagation pots and trays are peat-free and completely biodegradable. These seedling pots are made with certified organic coir. The natural rubber content is from a Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified plantation, AND it is Fair Rubber Association certified.
These coir pots are ideal for seeds, seedlings and cuttings. No repotting is required; perfect for planting directly into the ground or in larger pots or containers. Minimal root disturbance promotes stronger, healthier plants.
Coir Pots are:
- 100% natural and biodegradable – the perfect eco-friendly alternative to plastic pots
- Ethically produced and sourced
- Ideal for various uses – You can use coir pots to grow multiple plants indoors and outdoors, such as in gardens, nurseries, allotments, and greenhouses.
Characteristics of the Plastic Free Gardening Coir Pots include:
Fair Rubber Association certified natural rubber and certified organic coir
- Allows plants to benefit from air pruning, protecting the roots.
- Added texture to the soil as they degrade, and because they are 100% natural, they do not change the composition of the soil.